The Qualities of the Colombian Agricultural and Livestock Sector
In the last decade, the growth of the livestock industry in the country has been remarkable. During 2015, Colombian exports of livestock products reached USD$114 million:
- Lebanon with USD$45.5 million (39.9% share)
- Russia with USD$23.1 million (20.2%)
- United States with USD$11.7 million (10.3%)
- Hong Kong with USD$5.2 million (4.5%)
- Curaçao with USD$4.5 million (4%)
- New Zealand USD$2.777.383 (2%)
- Ecuador USD$2.651.0,383 (2%)
- Peru USD$2.449,025 (2.1%)
- Jordan USD$2.241,665 (2.0%)
- Brazil USD$2.001,905 (1.8%)
- Other USD$11,983,082 (10.5%)
This boom is the result of the implementation of good agricultural practices in the country. Work that has created a great sanitary progress and, in turn, an improvement in food safety conditions throughout the production chain.
As for the supply, the country offers beef, chicken and pork with great export opportunities, thanks to their excellent quality and high standards as for food safety.
Texto de descripción